Monday, October 4, 2010

Montag, den 4.10.2010

Its 1 a.m. this Monday morning; and I am 'dreaming my life away' with the Everly brothers playing on AOL Live. Web-radio is a life-saviour! Makes me wonder why I never discovered it before.

Oh yes, that was since I had 107.1 FM in Mumbai, with my 3-4 hours quota of Western music, Malishka bajaoing on 93.5 Red FM, Jaggu and Tarana; the awesome twosome keeping me company on 94.3 Radio One and endless television. Now, AOL Live, Radio regenbogen (Local German radio- has the double advantage of music + German practice) and Live TV are my saviors in a world with no television.

I noticed last night, that the advertising via web-radio is smartly targeted towards people like me, who have no TV / radio and for whom, the Internet is almost EVERYTHING :) So, you have ads for slashcontrol.com,  where viewers in the United States can watch TV-episodes and movies for free! And when I say, viewers in the US, I mean those with an IP linked to the US. There are apparently ways to bypass this check, via proxy-servers, but I am not sure I want to do all those 'semi-weird' things. Plus I have abc.com that let me watch Castle - Season 3, episode 1, the next day of its season-premiere (20th Sept 2010) in the US. So, as long as I have Castle, I am good to go :)

This has been THE MOST HECTIC week, so far, and it promises to get better; read EVEN MORE HECTIC. My 2-pence from the week gone past:

1. Group-work means just that- group-work. So, don't obsess over correcting/ reviewing everyone else's piece of work. Do your bit, review your bit and let everyone pitch in.
2. It has to be all in a day's work- not sure if I have used the expression the correct way. But what I mean, is I simply MUST not let work for a day spill-over to the next. Try as might, some of it does; but reducing it is a MUST. and one way of doing it is to read for the next day's class a day before,quickly browse through the same day's class once home and wash the day's vessels the very same day. :)
3. Since I save a LOT of travel-time; I walk 7 minutes to school, I have to utilize the time spent better. Less FB and more FA (financial accounting). :)
4. Little treats always help stay motivated; so if I stick to my plan for this week, I get to shop or at least, window shop the next weekend. Cant believe I am the very same person, who knew all of AND's and REmANiKa's collections by-heart and here, I am yet to visit a trial-room :)

I sure, am dreaming my life away, in a good way :)

ciao,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment