Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday, den 05.10.10

6.44 p.m. 

Home at 6 p.m. is rare and must be treasured. So treasure it, I did. I just made myself a delicious omlette with tomatoes, onions, salt 'n' pepper; piled it high on corn-bread and topped it off with junk-chips and garnished it with Heinz ketchup :) Now, refreshed, I just had to drop a few lines before I forget.

Its cloudy, 18 degrees and there is a slight drizzle in the air. The few raindrops I caught on the way back added a spring to my step, since I wanted to reach home before it started to rain more. Then I realized that, here, when it rains, it does just that; rain :) It hardly ever pours, so I settled back to enjoying the walk home, along with a lovely brown dog, a cute fella cycling home and a tiny kid asleep on her dad's shoulder. And no, the dad wasn't riding the bike ;)

Then, today was the 1st group assignment submission of Financial accounting. Although it was an uphill climb initially, the clouds got cleared up; not magically, but after at least 8 hours of joint-reading. Am slowly getting the hang of work here; complete it the very same day and ask questions if something is not clear. I think, back home, we aren't trained to ask questions and hesitate quite a bit; but slowly and steadily am turning into Ms. Doubtfire.

Yesterday morning, was German class at 7 .15 a.m. I just about managed to reach by 7.25. On the way to class, I had half a mind to stay home, since I had not prepared for class. This cost me 40 seconds!!! Anyways, I am SO glad I took the right decision and went ahead to class. Since I did,

1. I got the chance to talk to the Prof post-class; topic in question being the Frankfurt book fair. Bookie-topics make me speak German, you see :) So do, music- / food- / shopping-, etc. :)

2. I spoke more than 2 words in class; since it was a topic whose vocabulary my German teacher had made sure we remember via her rigorous coaching. The topic was indicators in an economy and yay! I got 3 'Sehr guts' from the Prof.

3. I was able to experience reaching home at 10 a.m. post class, etc. to listen to the noisy chatter of the creche below my apartment. I also managed to cook, clean and generally feel good about life :) This pretty much set the pace for the rest of the day; I headed back to class for group-work and was done by 8 p.m;. 

4. Post which, a classmate and I walked about for almost an hour; we are so similar its not funny. We both get each other when we say ' we want to clear our head' lol. 

5. And finally, I paid a visit to 'Penny'; the neighbourhood grocery store, that stays open until 10 p.m. I trekked back home with tomatoes, onions, cheese, junk-chips, apples and a 20 pence saving (courtesy the cloth bag I take along :D)

Thus, if I had not decided to go to class, a lot of the above events may not have transpired. Ooh, plus I kept smiling to myself for some reason, am yet to figure out why but don't think it matters :)

What matters, is going for it and making it happen, prepared or not.

tc,
moi

No comments:

Post a Comment